Juvederm ® is the #1 selling collection of fillers in the U.S.A
Do you suffer from fine lines and wrinkles? Have you heard of Juvederm ®?
As we age, moisture depletes, elasticity lessens, and volume decreases or drops in our faces. Moderate to severe lines, thin lips, droopy cheeks, wrinkles, and folds develop. Dermal fillers such as Juvederm ®, Belotero®, Restylane®, Sculptura®, Radiesse® and other injectables can correct much of this damage. A simple procedure can leave you with a refreshed face. No more laugh or frown lines! Juvederm ® and these fillers handle wrinkles and folds around the mouth and nose beautifully. The main ingredient in Juvederm® as well as Belotero® and Restylane®, is hyaluronic acid, which is already naturally produced by your body and will increase facial volume as well as hydrate your skin. Hyaluronic acid will typically last, depending on the type, from 6 months up to 2 years. Sculptura®’s main ingredient is Poly-L-lactic acid, which promotes the skin’s natural collagen production, restoring inner structure and facial volume. It is also commonly used in the “LA Butt Lift” procedure. Radiesse® is composed of calcium hydroxylapatite, which provides immediate volume as well as promoting the production of natural collagen. Therefore, when the Radiesse® gel dissolves, the natural collagen will continue to enhance facial volume.
How do injectable fillers such as Juvederm® work?
Our trained and experienced injectors place Juvederm ® and similar fillers in the desired areas underneath wrinkles to flatten and soften them. A collection of five different Juvederm ® products is available to address a variety of facial needs.
- Juvederm ® Ultra is used to enhance the lips. Juvederm ® adds fullness to thinning or naturally thin lips and fills those tiny vertical lines that make lipstick “bleed” into the upper lip area. This has been proven to last up to one year in the lips.
- Juvederm ® Ultra Plus is an injectable hyaluronic acid filler that smooths prominent folds along the nose and mouth. This filler is proven to last up to one year in moderate to severe facial wrinkles and lines.
- Juvederm ® Volbella is used in the lips, tear trough, and the lines encircling the mouth. It uses a new vycross technology that has been proven to extend the life of the filler up to 18 months.
- Juvederm ® Vollure also uses the new vycross technology, is a little bit thicker than Volbella but less than Voluma. The FDA has approved Vollure for deeper lines in the mid face, and it is proven to last up to 18 months.
- Juvederm ® Voluma XC can lift and contour the cheek and mid-face areas that lose volume as we age. It is the only proven filler to last up to two years.
When will I see results from an injectable treatment?
You can see results right away! You will continue to see improvements for up to a month. Individual results may vary. Typically our injectors will place the desired filler in your selected area on one side of the face and then show you the instantaneous results comparative to the untreated side.
How long will the Juvederm ® results last?
Juvederm ® Ultra results can last up to a year. Results from Juvederm ® Volbella, Vollure, and Ultra Plus can last up to 18 months. Juvederm ® and Voluma XC may last up to two years. Individual results may vary. All deliver natural-looking, long-lasting results.
Is the procedure painful?
With our trained physician, Dr. Debra Atkins, you can assuage any worries. CBS News has named Dr. Atkins “Best Injector”; she is a true artist with injectable fillers. She also is a certified trainer with Allergan® Cosmetics, the makers of Juvederm ®. No need to worry, you are in good hands. You may experience moderate discomfort, but pain is minimal. In order to prevent discomfort, we can also use topical or injectable anesthesia to numb the area. Some patients choose to use topical ice packs on the way to the appointment so that the areas of treatment are quite numb when they arrive. This option also decreases bruising. You can jump right back into life as soon as you leave. No downtime is required!
What are the side effects associated with this treatment?
Common side effects of injectable fillers are looking great immediately and wanting more. Rare side effects include pain at the injection site, skin infections, bruising, and lumps after the injection. Talk to one of our physicians to determine your risk of developing any of these rare side effects. Everyone reacts differently to the procedure, so we will be careful to make sure you are a good candidate for the treatment. We do advise that you temporarily stop all things that enhance bruising such as aspirin, fish oil, certain foods, and wines. Contact our office for a more detailed list of those items.
So are you ready to LIFT, SMOOTH, AND PLUMP?
Fill out the form below, and we will be in touch or contact our office at 678-213-2220.